Goodbye Beeston Dave - It's Been One 'Hell' of a Journey

I can't imagine what all of you fans feel like right now. The sad news that David Haigh, the greatest Managing Director in the history of football is leaving. It's an emotional time, this man has pumped millions-upon-millions of his personal money into a club that he supports - well in actual fact, he might not even. But still, think on his family, his friends, his wife. Actually, there's reports he might not have one of those ( a wife ) - you never heard it here first and I'm not homophobic.

In a statement he said, "Owing to various statements made by and on behalf of the new majority owners of Leeds United FC, I am left with no alternative than to resign as Managing Director of the club." Please note, this is the point where the tears should start flowing. Tears of laughter, of course.

"This is a matter of particular regret to me since I was the person who first introduced Eleonora Sport to the club’s owners. I also gave them my full and constant support in the Football League’s lengthy approval process."

The above quote, I find rather enthralling. When I translated it out of the Beeston talk I found, "This is a matter of utter frustration and anger. It was me who got you the f****** club Massimo! I was right by your f****** side through thick and thin and what do you do? Call me me sick in my head, a mean man and the f****** devil! I'm no f****** devil Mr Cellino."

He went on to say, "I am not yet, due to confidentiality obligations, in a position fully to respond to various statements which have been made about me over recent months. As soon as I am I will address the various issues – obviously a great deal has happened these past two years."

It seems as if there's a lot still to come out, "..obviously a lot has happened these past two years." Surely it can't be any the more pathetic than Melas ( Paddy Kenny #1 ).

I'm skipping a lot of this statement to a more notable part, where Beeston Dave talks business. "I have arranged for Sport Capital to convert some of the loans made to the club into shares and once complete, those shares will be given to the fans, so it truly will be the fans’ club."

That's the kind of gestures you want to see the greatest Managing Director the world has even seen making. There's one thing for sure, Dave has never failed to wear his heart on his sleeve. Along with Salem, Dave has re-united the United, helped us 'Watch Leeds 4 Less' and more importantly, signed us top-class players on Football Manager.

I know I've maybe, just maybe, made a little fun out of the Beeston Dave, I have to admit he'll be missed around this place. Not really.

"David Haigh is a son of a bitch, a witch, dangerous, sick in his head, the devil, he's a mean man." - Massimo Cellino. For me this was the highlight of Dave's time at Leeds. He didn't even need to do anything, other than be himself, and the amount of laughter this famous quote of Massimo Cellino's gave me, oh if only I had words.

All joking aside, Goodbye Beeston Dave. You'll not be missed anytime soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment