What Is Sam Byram's Future?



So far, this Summer has been the whites’ best for years. We’ve managed to keep all the young players, invest a good amount of money into the squad and have gotten rid of most of the deadwood. It all seems too good to be true doesn’t it?


Just recently there has been a little roadblock regarding the future of Sam Byram at the club. The youngster’s contract expires just next summer but is currently in talks with the club over a new one.


Newcastle United are one of the teams interested in Byram and the Tyneside club sent assistant manager Ian Cathro and head scout Graham Carr to Elland Road to watch our opening game of the season against Burnley.


Uwe Rosler spoke on the speculation:

“Can you tell me who the reports are. Who is that person who makes reports. Who is that? Tell me. I want to know who makes reports.

“You want to ask me what is on social media? I’m not a fan of social media, I don’t read social media.

“Nothing has changed.

“We (Cellino) talked for a long time and not once the name Sam Byram was mentioned.

“That tells me and indicates to me that nothing has changed since two months ago, since six weeks ago, since three days ago and that was what I am telling you.

“The chairman always gave me an indication - and I’ve said it now so many times - that he would try to keep this young group of players and build a future around them for this football club.

“That is Sam, and not only Sam but a number of players.

“From my point it’s clear, there’s always an indication to keep our young players.

“Will we succeed, I don’t know and it’s difficult, especially in Sam’s case.

“But the chairman always indicated to me strongly that he wished to keep Sam Byram.”



We know Byram wants to stay at the club but with past players in this position we always knew what the outcome would be, lets hope this time it’s different.

No comments:

Post a Comment